Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I can feel it through my....




So, what did I say in my last blog post? There might not be anything new within the fashion industry, but I sure feel confident with saying that they are getting better at it. The keyword nowadays is "mind-blowing", and I see little reason to argue about it. These shoes are the creation of Dean and Dan Caten who are identical twins and owners of the fashionhouse DSquared.




You have to admit that they look pretty crazy, right? Why would anyone make a product as crazy as this? It's pretty simple really. Imagine walking down a busy shopping street full of people. Imagine that it is so packed that you have to keep an eye out for your friend in order to not get separated, and you see a woman walking by with these shoes on. How hard would it be for you, not to look?


That's marketing for you. Right there..

3 comments:

  1. When a company releases a...let's call it "unique", product like this how important is it for it to be available in limited edition? I see shoes such as this as more of a piece of art then a fashion product. Do you think that they should only sell a couple of these and use it as merely a piece of art to help with marketing, or should they actually try to advertise these shoes and sell them to whoever wants to buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shoes are the most extreme shoes I have ever seen. By wearing these shoes you want people to look at you and get their attention. My first thought that comes in to mind on these is animal cruelty, even if it is their bones and hopefully made out of plastic. However I feel like wearing fur is worse than bones, but more acceptable because it is more common. Making shoes like this makes me wonder where the fashion industry is heading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these shoes are so ugly and borderline, well not really borderline just ridiculous. I don't think when I used to work as a shoe salesman I would ever be able to sell more than 5 pairs of these shoes to customers over the course of this particular season. Yes they make draw your eye but marketing is only as successful as the revenue it can produce.

    ReplyDelete